Out political demands
To implement our goals to the re-structuring of German drug politics, JES carries out extensive work in drug politics on site in cities and communities, on local and national level. This includes public relation with which large parts of the population are enlightened on the connection between drug consumption and drug problems in a realistic manner.
We create awareness on what undignified conditions and destructive processes drug users are presently confronted with, how they come about and with what pragmatic steps these connected effects can be eliminated.
German drug politics criminalises drug users and promotes an immense amount of drug procurement criminality. From the point of view of the JES Association, a prohibitionist political approach banning illegal drugs promotes a fully uncontrollable black market. In addition to this, prohibition and repression miss their target of reducing drug consumption. JES therefore supports an ideology free and scientifically based new beginning. At the centre is a legalisation of all drugs, a government regulation for sale and a strengthening of drug users and youth protection through licensed special shops, for example.
Our main steps are:
- The renunciation of abstinence paradigms and prohibition.
- The end of repressive and undignified persecution of drug possession, drug use and drug users.
- The creation of framework conditions designed not against, but for people.
Necessary partial steps for this purpose are:
- The replacement of the drug law by a set of regulations for dealing with psychoactive substances without parts pertaining to criminal law
- The establishment of all encompassing offers for diamorphine supported substitution treatment that meets all needs
- The expansion of OST possibilities by permitting all means suitable for this purpose (e.g. retarded morphine) including solutions that can be injected
- The maintenance and intensification of the solidarity principle as well as a clear rejection of the privatisation of health risks
- The creation of framework conditions enabling a mature handling of drugs (introducing the topic “pharmacognosy” in schools)
- Establishing extensive work and employment projects for re-introducing drug using and people in OST into society
- The initiation of and support for self help organisations and self help
- Participation of organisations of drug users as full and equal partners in all matters concerning drug politics and drug help.
- Immediate release from prison of HIV infected people suffering from AIDS, other seriously ill people and drug users exclusively charged for reasons of consumption without having done any damage to external legal property or interests.